Bridge 47 is recruiting a Research Consultant on SDG Target 4.7!
The position is aimed at providing evidence-based, policy-oriented, and publication-quality research for developing an indicator for measuring SDG Target 4.7 (May-July 2019).
Project Title: Bridge 47 - Building Global Citizenship
Post Title: Research Consultant for Measuring SDG Target 4.7
Contract Duration: May-July 2019 (20 working days)
Project Duration: October 2017 - October 2020
Implementing Partner: International Development Education Association of Scotland (IDEAS)
Application Deadline: 30 April, 2019
The tasks of the Research Consultant include:
Conducts evidence-based, policy-oriented, and publication-quality research for developing an indicator measuring Goal 4.7 under the supervision of Bridge 47 officer.
- Conducts desk-based research giving answers to the main questions: How data about Goal 4.7 should be gathered? What is the quantitative and qualitative measurement of Goal 4.7 that can be executed? Who should be the responsible institution that will report the data?
- Includes information, based on existing evidence, about the characteristics of SDG Target 4.7 and the importance of its inclusion to the SDGs as well as definitions of development education, education for sustainable development, global citizenship education.
- Provides an overview and analysis of available international tools and mechanisms for stimulating, monitoring and evaluation of development education, sustainable development education, global citizenship education and other value-based educational practices; for example, how member states’ development cooperation strategies are reviewed and the instruments they use measure and evaluate them, including practice of GCE.
- Provides an overview and analysis of indicators for Target 4.7 in 2030 Agenda 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.7.3, 4.7.4, 4.7.5 and how they can be... taken into consideration when implementing SDGs strategies by European institutions and member states.
- Provides a review of good practices for impact studies of SDG Target 4.7.
- Provides conclusions on appropriate methods how to evaluate the impact of the 4.7 in formal and non-formal education, and lifelong learning practices.
What do we expect?
Specifically, Researcher is expected to provide:
- 1-2 research papers regarding the main questions: How data about Goal 4.7 should be gathered? What is the quantitative and qualitative measurement of Goal 4.7 that can be executed? Who should be the responsible institution that will report the data?
- 1-2 proposed frameworks or methodologies (and/or indicators) to capture and measure the progress towards SDG Target 4.7 that can be applicable on national and European levels.
- Demonstrable experience in conducting research
- Demonstrable experience in developing monitoring and/or evaluation frameworks or methodologies for European or Global strategic plans.
- Demonstrable experience in statistic data evaluation.
- Excellent oral and written communications in English.
- A knowledge and understanding of SDG Target 4.7 and awareness of some challenges of measuring value-based educations.
The tenderer should include their proposed daily rate, which should include all costs. Value for money will be taken into account in tender evaluation. Reasonable and receipted travel and accommodation related to the execution of the tasks in this Terms of Reference will be covered, based on prior agreement with IDEAS and subject to certain conditions, normally using public transport.
Please submit your CV and your tender under the following headings:
- Contact Information
- Relevant Experience – including 2 -3 pieces of research papers from previous work
- Proposed methodology
- Work plan including timeframe for research, including the time for writing the reports.
- Budget - including daily rate of consultant.
- Two references (including telephone numbers) and web links to your previous work (if available)
Call for tenders issued: April 12th
Deadline for receipt of applications: 30th April submitting to Peter Butchkov and Megan McHaney (contact below)
Commencement of work: on or before: 6th May
Maximum Tender Document: 4 pages (not including personal bibliography and research pieces)
Contact Person: Peter Butchkov Bridge 47 National Officer keeping in copy Megan McHaney Bridge 47 Advocacy Coordinator,